The school has a policy on attendance, which can be found on our policies page.
If your child is absent you must:
- Contact us as soon as possible on the first day of absence and on the morning of every day of absence thereafter – the student centre telephone number is: 01603 782715 Ext 207;
- Or, you can call into school and report to reception.
- Provide a note from your doctor/medical team if required.
If your child is absent we will:
- Telephone you on the first day of absence if we have not heard from you;
- Invite you in to discuss the situation with our Attendance Officer and/or Head of Year.
- Refer the matter to the Attendance Officer if attendance moves below 90%.
Poor punctuality is not acceptable. Lessons start at 8.30 so if your child misses the start of the day their progress will be hindered. Late arriving students disrupt lessons. It can be embarrassing for the child and creates bad habits. If a student amasses 3 or more late marks within a school week an after-school detention will be issued.